Games in Ventity?

A place for Ventity software questions & answers
rob_n
Vensim version: DSS

Games in Ventity?

Post by rob_n »

Hi,
Games are super easy to setup in Vensim: just define a game parameter using the GAME(). Any plans to add this great capability to Ventity?
Best regards,
Rob
tomfid
Administrator

Re: Games in Ventity?

Post by tomfid »

It hasn't been on the list, but it is now.
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

I think it might be possible when you run a Ventity model on Forio, but I'm not sure.
Phill

Post by Phill »

I'd just like to second this!! I use Vensim extensively for 'game' simulations and would love to see the game variable option in Ventity (plus a Unix DLL?).

Phill
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

There is a windows service version, but linux is probably some way off (theoretically it should compile and run, but we haven't tried it).

Do you use games for interactive sims with live audiences, or more for yourself to make decisions where you haven't figured out how to write the rules yet?
Phill

Post by Phill »

Both, but primarily the first. We've built games in Vensim to demonstrate the effects of different revenue management decisions for a hotel business and for menu planning for a restaurant, then a larger simulation for tourism destination planning, which is more of a tool to aid decision-making, rather than a game. Now we're working on a game based on managing and selling exhibition space, which will have both a decision planning and an educational gaming use.