standard graph legend

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
rleclaire

standard graph legend

Post by rleclaire »

When Vensim generates a legend for a standard graph it puts in the variable name followed by a colon and the name of the .vdf file. Is there any way to suppress the variable name by default so the legend only shows the .vdf file name? This is useful for less clutter in legends where the variable name gets repeated for every output in the graph. I can see several customizations when right-clicking the graph icon but didn't see a way to do this. Thanks. And for extra credit :) all my plots will have time on the X axis - can I force it to display my own text like 'Time (days)' instead of it defaulting to the variable name for time? I know I can create custom graphs but this would be very time consuming for the many different variables I need to plot.
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

There is no way to suppress the variable name on the legend, though it is a sensible suggestion. You can suppress the whole legend.

As far as the labeling of the X axis just create a time base with the name you want and select that from the control panel.
rleclaire

Post by rleclaire »

Thanks Bob. One thing we do often is to run several variations on a run and plot a single variable showing how the variations change things. We can post-edit the plots or create them in Excel but wanted to see if there was an easy work-around. On the time axis question its the same thing, we have many runs generated already and were looking for a way to simplify our efforts to get the plots the way we want.
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

On the time axis you should be able to put the time axis in the current model, without rerunning the runs, and still get the plots to show up as desired (if Vensim does not find a time axis in a run but finds it in the active model it will convert Time using the active model).