Printing problem on 5.10.b

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
lpo

Printing problem on 5.10.b

Post by lpo »

Hi,

I have just installed PLE 5.10.b on an intel mac running snow leopard (which is up to date).

When I try and print a sketch, the printer simply page feeds with no printout. The printer works as expected with other applications.

On the previous version of PLE I could print but it didn't scale properly.

The printer is an Epson cx6600 which is a pretty standard inkjet.

I have a suspicion that I am missing something obvious. Any suggestions?

L.O.
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Vensim 5.10c was uploaded yesterday. Can you give that a try and see if it fixes the problem?

Tony.
lpo

Post by lpo »

Tony,

Installed 5.10.c but no change.

L.O.
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

Will take a look to see if I can replicate printing issued on the Mac. Meanwhile if you use Edit>Select All followed by Edit>Copy you should be able to print from Preview or another application after a Paste.
lpo

Post by lpo »

Hi,

No pressure, but have you been able to confirm whether there is a problem with the software or should I be looking elsewhere to resolve this?

thanks,

L.O.
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

I looked at this. Tools seem to print their output with a scaling problem and the sketches seem to print blank except for the labels. We will see if we can resolve this.
lpo

Post by lpo »

Hi,

Just installed 5.10.d The release notes indicate that this problem should be fixed.

Neither sketches or tool windows print anything although they do push a sheet of paper through the printer so no change from my point of view. I even rebooted the Mac (horror).

L.O.
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

I testing everything again on OSX 10.6 using a HP OfficeJet G85 and printing works as expected. If you let me know what OSX version and printer you are using I can try to take a look, though it is unlikely I would be able to match the exact configuration.

If it is possible for you to update your printer driver that might help. Otherwise you will likely be stuck with copying, pasting to Preview and printing from there.
lpo

Post by lpo »

Bob,

As I have over a hundred apps on the mac all of which print as expected, I doubt this is a driver problem. Drivers are kept up to date by Apple anyway.

Are you sure that the printing fix code was included in the release? Could it be anything to do with PLE as opposed to any other release?

In case it helps, the printer is an Epson Cx6600 which is a standard inkjet.

Although I am quite happy to copy and paste as a workaround, I don't think you can leave this problem unresolved if you are serious about having a Mac version of your product.

L.O.
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

This seems to be a scaling issue. With a 600 dpi printer I also get blanks. I have things working at 300 and 600 now, so probably you will get better results on the next rev. If you want to try it out ahead of time drop me an email.