MODTABLE

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
maxin454

MODTABLE

Post by maxin454 »

Hi. I'm trying to use vensim DLL to control the model on my java application. I am wondering how can I control a lookup table using dll. I want the function something like MODTABLE in Venapp. If anyone could help to answer this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

I don't think there is a MODTABLE equivalent, but you can put a Venapp command button on a button, something like
"SIMULATE>1TABCHG|LOOKUP TABLE NAME".

Tony.
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

You can also use a VECTOR LOOKUP on an array of constants in place of the lookup, and set the constant values from your application.

Tom
maxin454

Post by maxin454 »

Thank you, both Tony and Tom. That really helps a lot.

I have another question and hope you could help to answer. In Venapp, I can use Causes Tree, Sketch (viewing my model structure), and Graph function. Is there way to utilize these functions as well in my java application?

Thanks again.

maxin
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

As I recall, that's tough, because of limitations in passing window handles. The documentation states, "generally references to windows just won't work" - I don't know if there are any exceptions. I think you'd have to work in C or VB to take advantage of the tool commands.

Tom
maxin454

Post by maxin454 »

That's too bad. It would be a plus if I could utilize those tools.

But, thanks again, Tom.

maxin