Autocalibration

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
khalediwm

Autocalibration

Post by khalediwm »

Hi
I am trying to implement auto-calibration within Vensim. I have observed data in vensim environment. My intension is to make the calibration parameter (in this case calibration parameter is "width" and I am trying to match my "stock" with "observed”) time dependent. I looked at the Vensim Manual under Optimization section but was not able to succeed in my experiment. Can anybody please help me to resolve this issue? Please, have a look at the attachment.
Attachments
AutoCalibration.zip
(3.44 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

you need to specify current1 as the source dataset. Either from the advanced tab of the simulation control dialog or at the third step if using the wizard.
khalediwm

Post by khalediwm »

Thanks Bob.
Finally I am able to implement autocalibration. Could you please let me know, how can I make my "width" time dependent, so that I can have a nice fitting?
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Do you mean you want "width" to be variable over time?
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

There are several ways to make parameters time dependent, depending on the complexity desired. For example:

1. use the VECTOR LOOKUP function (see Help) to specify an array of points over time
2. write a time-dependent function, like p = p0 + p1*time + p2*time^2
3. rewrite your decision as a feedback control rule, with a few parameters

For most models, 3 is the best approach, though if you're just trying to fit data, it may not make sense.

Tom
khalediwm

Post by khalediwm »

Thanks a lot.