an SD growth model

Use this forum to discuss any issues relating to Systems Dynamics and Systems Thinking.
LAUJJL
Vensim version: DSS

an SD growth model

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

I join a quickly made (a day work) prototype of an SD growth model since the beginning of the field.

There are certainly some bugs (I have not been using the model a lot and I hope they are light), lots of missing factors, it needs a lot of ameliorations, it lacks data for calibration, lacks comments, etc.
And it should come with some explanations.

More important it has a personal point of view that necessarily biases the results.

It has no imbedded behavioral or structural tests, having not enough information about the reality of the problem.

I unfortunately lack the motivation (I have my own model to work on), the competence and the information to carry on the work (I do not work in the SD field).

If anybody is interested carrying on the job with me or without me and wants some more explanation about the model, he can answer to this post.

The model can be probably read with the Vensim PLE freely available on the Vensim web site, or if not with the free Vensim model reader.

If anyone wants to develop it with his preferred software, I do not mind as long as I can use a reader from his software or find some other way to cooperate.

Best regards.

JJ
Attachments
SD_growth2.vpm
(30.09 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
LAUJJL
Vensim version: DSS

Re: an SD growth model

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

There was a discussion on the SDS forum about the subject.
http://www.systemdynamics.org/forum/

Here is joined the second model.

I did not carry on the building of the third model, as nobody is interested.

Regards.

JJ
Attachments
SD_growth3.vpm
(32.64 KiB) Downloaded 287 times