Graph export at high resolution (>=300 dpi)

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
mkunovja
Vensim version: PLE+

Graph export at high resolution (>=300 dpi)

Post by mkunovja »

Dear all,

I am a dss user and for a scientific publication I need high resolution images of the graphs created by Vensim.
I can recreate most graphs in Excel or R but with the sensitivity graph this becomes tricky.
There was no real solution in this forum or online elsewhere.
The only way I manage to export graphs in a good quality is print to pdf but I need them in one of the picture formats (png, jpg or the like) with a dpi over or equal to 300 dpi.

Any solutions?

Thank you!
Administrator
Super Administrator

Re: Graph export at high resolution (>=300 dpi)

Post by Administrator »

What do you get if you copy/paste the graph? Vensim outputs vector format graphics to the clipboard so you should be able to get good resolution using copy/paste.
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559
mkunovja
Vensim version: PLE+

Post by mkunovja »

That was what I did, copy paste into paint, save it and submit. But that was rejected by the editor of the journal. Then I tried GIMP but there the information from the clipboard is not accepted.

When searching on google this seems to be a common problem, with the only proposed solution being to play around in PowerPoint.

The workaround that I found now was, print to pdf and then convert the pdf to high resolution jpg. This does not deliver perfect results but I hope it will do.
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

Pasting into Paint may be your problem. That throws away the vector graphic and gives you some kind of bitmap. Paste into Word, Powerpoint, or a vector drawing program.