print and export from sableRT

Use this forum to post Sable related questions.

Moderator: Administrator

mashayekhi

print and export from sableRT

Post by mashayekhi »

In SableRT, when I choose to print a graph generated, I have th eoption to export the graph. But when I click on export, nothing happens. Does it put the graph file anywhere without asking for a name and location to save it, or is this a bug?
Owain

Post by Owain »

It sounds as if you are using the print option from the menu in runtime? If so, then there are indeed print and export options, export copies the selected graph to the clipboard for pasting into other applications.

If you are using Tchart generated graphs, then through the button commands under "graph", you can select either print or export, but in this case, export will ask for file type to export to.

Hope this helps.
mashayekhi

Post by mashayekhi »

Thank you, it helped and I found the graph on the clipboard and could paste it on my powerpoint file :)

I was using running SableRT. The problem was that when I exported the graph, I was expecting to be asked where it should be exported to. Perhaps I should have known that SableRT will export the graph to the clipboard!

May be if you change the dialog box from "Export" to "Export to Clip Borad" or "Clip Board" it would be more clear to users.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by mashayekhi]
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

I have made that change, it will be in the next maintenance release of Sable.

Tony.