LOST VIEW

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
jdewitte
Vensim version: DSS

LOST VIEW

Post by jdewitte »

After copying a Vensim view to a PowerPoint presentation I completely lost the view of the Vensim application. The variables are still there as well as the the other views. Can I restore the view without having to recreate the model ? If so can you explain how?

Thanks, Joaquim de Witte
GGZ WR 05.mdl
(61.11 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Administrator
Super Administrator

Re: LOST VIEW

Post by Administrator »

Might you have accidentally cut the contents of the view rather than copy?

You can copy/paste it if you have an earlier version of the model. This can be done using a the text editor, search for

Code: Select all

\\\---/// Sketch information - do not modify anything except names
The line above separates the sketch information in the model.
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559
jdewitte
Vensim version: DSS

Post by jdewitte »

It might be possible that I cut in stead of copied. It was rather late!!
Unfortunately I don't have a previous version that corresponds sufficiently with the current one.
I assume that the only possibility is to start drawing again. How do I deal with the existing variables most efficiently? I don't want all shadow variables in the drawing and if I use alternative names the originals will still be in the database. Do I have to delete them one by one or can I select en delete them all together? How?

By the way I'm still listed as a PLE user while I have a full fledged DEE version. Don't know if that makes a difference with respect to support, but can you change that anyhow?
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

Even if the view doesn't match, you can still paste it in and see what happens. Any nodes that don't match real variables will be ignored.

You can use the Existing Variable tool to promote shadow variables to full instances, and the Merge tool to combine duplicates.