A problem with an action

A place for Ventity software questions & answers
Jack Harich
Vensim version: DSS

A problem with an action

Post by Jack Harich »

Thanks for your help! Ventity continues to be the right tool for this project. I can think of no other that would work, short of a mountain of code.

The problem is on entity Voter in action Step 4 SP Accommodation. Its Trigger If is set to: politician supported != "". This looks fine, and even matches use of an attribute in the help doc example of “(temperature>100) and (color !- “red”)”. The warning is:
Trigger "Step 4 SP Accommodation" Mismatch between expression contents and diagram causal links: politician supported
Attachments
RDem 85.zip
(74.94 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
tomfid
Administrator

Re: Two problems with actions

Post by tomfid »

The first one's easy. Double-click the warning to navigate to the offending trigger. Right-click the underlined element and select "Draw Arrow."

Not sure about the generated code errors. Will look into it. Do you have a similar previous working version for comparison?
Jack Harich
Vensim version: DSS

Re: A problem with an action

Post by Jack Harich »

Gosh thanks, Tom. I didn't think to connect politician supported to the trigger. I thought triggers were different from variables. The help doc for Actions, Triggers shows no arrows leading to the the trigger. That politician supported was underlined did not ring a bell with me that it needs an arrow. "Mismatch between expression contents and diagram causal links: politician supported" is to me very cryptic. I worked on this for hours before posting. Still, the model is progressing.

About the generated code errors. Thanks for asking. I was able to solve that by control dragging the element needed. I still don't know what that actually does. For me, it's a magic incantation. :-)