Seeking Guidance on Using Tabbed Array Function in Vensim Pro

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
Ze Vensim
Vensim version: PRO

Seeking Guidance on Using Tabbed Array Function in Vensim Pro

Post by Ze Vensim »

Hello Everyone,

I am currently seeking some assistance with the use of the tabbed array function in Vensim Pro. I'm trying to build a simple interest rate model to evaluate the impact of varying interest rates on a bank balance. I've been attempting to utilize the array function, as shown in the attached picture, but I've been receiving error messages every time I run the model.

Model info:
Model.png
Model.png (11.67 KiB) Viewed 970 times
Function equa.png
Function equa.png (201.7 KiB) Viewed 970 times
error list.png
error list.png (121.86 KiB) Viewed 970 times
I'm unsure about the proper structure of the model or the correct way to implement the array function. Moreover, I'm also wondering how to assign distinct names to different array inputs in the model.

I would truly appreciate any guidance or suggestions on this matter. Your support will greatly aid me in understanding and applying this function more effectively in Vensim Pro.

Thank you very much for your help!
tomfid
Administrator

Re: Seeking Guidance on Using Tabbed Array Function in Vensim Pro

Post by tomfid »

There's a sample model in the Help system.
https://www.vensim.com/documentation/fn ... array.html

Unless the array is large and needs to be pasted in from a spreadsheet, I find normal punctuation easier. You can define

Code: Select all

x[a,b]=
1,2,3;
4,5,6;
The order is rows=a, columns=b.
Ze Vensim
Vensim version: PRO

Post by Ze Vensim »

tomfid wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:04 pm There's a sample model in the Help system.
https://www.vensim.com/documentation/fn ... array.html

Unless the array is large and needs to be pasted in from a spreadsheet, I find normal punctuation easier. You can define

Code: Select all

x[a,b]=
1,2,3;
4,5,6;
The order is rows=a, columns=b.
I'm writing to express my gratitude for your previous response and to seek further assistance in a matter related to Vensim.

Despite referring to the Vensim help section and attempting to mirror the array example provided, I am still encountering an error message. The issue may stem from the fact that I have not input data from an Excel sheet - I am unsure of how to do so. Your expertise in this area would be incredibly appreciated. Are there any video demos I could look at?

Additionally, I'm having trouble understanding how to correctly insert normal punctuation in the function window. The instructions provided previously were a bit unclear to me, and I would be grateful for any further guidance you might be able to offer.

Thank you in advance for your time and support.
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

I just noticed that the equation in your screenshots doesn't have any subscripts. That's why it's not working - you're supplying multiple values for a single variable.

Click the "subscripts" button in the equation editor and add some dimensions to the variable.