Bug: Must force quit to clear an error message

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
Todd
Vensim version: DSS

Bug: Must force quit to clear an error message

Post by Todd »

In Vensim DSS 9.4.0 for Mac, Apple Silicon, open a model. Switch away from Vensim. Delete the model directory. Return to Vensim. It shows an error message, "Could not set current working directory (error 2: No such file or directory)". Clicking OK dismisses the dialog as expected, but then shows it again. There is no way to get out of the loop. I had to force quit Vensim to escape.

I also saw a different error message the first time this came up (attached).
Attachments
error message dialog box screen shot
error message dialog box screen shot
Must force quit to clear an error message.png (263.95 KiB) Viewed 275 times
Administrator
Super Administrator

Re: Bug: Must force quit to clear an error message

Post by Administrator »

Todd wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:49 pm In Vensim DSS 9.4.0 for Mac, Apple Silicon, open a model. Switch away from Vensim. Delete the model directory. Return to Vensim. It shows an error message, "Could not set current working directory (error 2: No such file or directory)". Clicking OK dismisses the dialog as expected, but then shows it again. There is no way to get out of the loop. I had to force quit Vensim to escape.

I also saw a different error message the first time this came up (attached).
Is this really a bug? Why did you delete the model folder when Vensim was using it?
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559
Todd
Vensim version: DSS

Re: Bug: Must force quit to clear an error message

Post by Todd »

This situation arose because I make lots of small test models that come and go. It's not so much the scenario of deleting a model directory that I'm pointing out here, as the infinite loop that won't allow me to continue. I'm guessing this might come up in other situations.

Giving Vensim DSS full disk access did not resolve the problem for me.