Vensim training

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
BrittZ
Vensim version: PRO

Vensim training

Post by BrittZ »

Hello,

For the system dynamics model that I am working on, I am using the Vensim Professional license. However, I would like to start with the automatisation of runs, parameter tuning etc. Is it true that this is not possible without the Vensim DSS license?
Futhermore, in the Vensim store I saw that there are multiple trainings. Which training would teach me most about using scripts to run Vensim and more advanced possibilities? Is this training purely online, at your own pace? And when was this training released? I'm not sure about following the training just yet, as I feel the interface has changed quite a bit and doesn't always match up with the tutorials on the website.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Britt
Administrator
Super Administrator

Re: Vensim training

Post by Administrator »

BrittZ wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:52 pm For the system dynamics model that I am working on, I am using the Vensim Professional license. However, I would like to start with the automatisation of runs, parameter tuning etc. Is it true that this is not possible without the Vensim DSS license?
Can you explain what you mean by this? If you mean scripting (command scripts), these are only in DSS.
BrittZ wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:52 pm Futhermore, in the Vensim store I saw that there are multiple trainings. Which training would teach me most about using scripts to run Vensim and more advanced possibilities? Is this training purely online, at your own pace? And when was this training released? I'm not sure about following the training just yet, as I feel the interface has changed quite a bit and doesn't always match up with the tutorials on the website.
Can you email us regarding this, I'll put you in touch with the tutor.
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559
BrittZ
Vensim version: PRO

Post by BrittZ »

Administrator wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:07 pm
BrittZ wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:52 pm For the system dynamics model that I am working on, I am using the Vensim Professional license. However, I would like to start with the automatisation of runs, parameter tuning etc. Is it true that this is not possible without the Vensim DSS license?
Can you explain what you mean by this? If you mean scripting (command scripts), these are only in DSS.
BrittZ wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:52 pm Futhermore, in the Vensim store I saw that there are multiple trainings. Which training would teach me most about using scripts to run Vensim and more advanced possibilities? Is this training purely online, at your own pace? And when was this training released? I'm not sure about following the training just yet, as I feel the interface has changed quite a bit and doesn't always match up with the tutorials on the website.
Can you email us regarding this, I'll put you in touch with the tutor.
Thanks for your response.
For the model I am running multiple scenarios with different parameter values. I am doing this manually which takes up a lot of time and is sensitive to errors. I thought the use of scripts was only available for the Pro version of Vensim, but looking at your answer I think it is also possible in DSS?

I will send you an email - what email address should I send it to?

Thank you.
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

BrittZ wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:11 am For the model I am running multiple scenarios with different parameter values. I am doing this manually which takes up a lot of time and is sensitive to errors. I thought the use of scripts was only available for the Pro version of Vensim, but looking at your answer I think it is also possible in DSS?
It's only available in DSS.
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559