SD for organizational changes

Use this forum to discuss any issues relating to Systems Dynamics and Systems Thinking.
duilio

SD for organizational changes

Post by duilio »

Hi all, I need to approach the topic of the usage of SD for supporting organizational changes in companies. I know that the question is generic, but I need some paper to start exploring this are.

Anyone can help me?
Many thanks in advance

Giovanni
loy_lobo

Organisation growth and learning organisations

Post by loy_lobo »

Hi,

I can suggest three articles on the theme of Business Dynamics that were originally printed in the McKinsey Quarterly and subsequently reprinted in a collection of articles entitled "Business Dynamics - overcoming the limits to growth." See if you can lay your hands on the following:

1. Creating the learning organisation - by David E Meen and Mark Keough. This is an interview with Peter Senge.

2. The CEO as organization designer - by Mark Keough and Andrew Dorman.

3. Is simulation better than experience? - by Dory Bertsche, Christopher Crawford, and Stephen E Macadam.

I may also suggest the book "People Power - developing the talent to perform", by Kim Warren and Jeremy Kourdi.

Hope you find these suggestions useful.
duilio

Organizational changes

Post by duilio »

Hi, thank you for the info. Unfortunately I did't succed in getting the papers for free on the web. Do you have any ideas about the sites where can I found them?

Thank you in advance
loy_lobo

Post by loy_lobo »

I'll ask some of my friends at McKinsey if it is possible to get a copy. I may have to send you printouts rather than post anything electronic on the forum.
loy_lobo

Post by loy_lobo »

The book "People Power" is available at http://www.volapress.com
amiranda

A SD approach for Organizational Excellence: Linking Six Sig

Post by amiranda »

Hi All,

I am writing my thesis about organizational excellence but I found a lot of criticism on Excellence that I was thinking to believe that it is just as it is being said another ‘fad’ in management. However, I have research in more detail and I found that life is never dull, and some models organizational excellence evaluates excellencec by empowering people to drive change and linking the organization’s vision and strategy with good measurement systems and performance improvement methods. ..

I would like to invite the discussion of linking together concepts such as the Balanced Scorecard and Six sigma (Six Sigma Business card) with System Thinking in order to achieve organizational excellence. The study will contrast the EFQM and benchmarking of some best practices companies.

This study is in course now…so I would really appreciate if anyone interested in can provide some inputs and sources (SD models, Thesis, working papers etc) and the feasibility of this project…..Can anyone?

I do really appreciate your help

Anibal Miranda
MBA student
Anibal Miranda
BSc Economics
Postgraduate certificate SD
MBA