Simulation does not start

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
davide

Simulation does not start

Post by davide »

I run up against a strange problem: after some changes to an existing model (essentially adding subscripts to several variables to segment parameters values) when I try to simulate the model, the box "setting up the simulation" appears but the simulation does not start (I waited for some minutes, the model is small so usually the simulation needs some seconds to be completed). Checking the model, no errors are detected (just some final variables "not used" in the model) so I do not understand what is happening.
I'm trying to check step by step the changes made since the latest version of the model running, but meanwhile I would like to ask whether anybody have had this type of problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Can you email the model to me so I can have a look (tony@ventanasystems.co.uk)?

Tony.
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

If I had to guess it would be that you have a GET XLS DATA call and that you are using an older version of Vensim. It is also possible that something little has turned big - try suppressing warnings in Tools>Options>Settings and see if that makes any difference.
davide

simulation does not start

Post by davide »

Originally posted by bob@vensim.com
If I had to guess it would be that you have a GET XLS DATA call and that you are using an older version of Vensim. It is also possible that something little has turned big - try suppressing warnings in Tools>Options>Settings and see if that makes any difference.
It works! When disabling warnings the model runs. Actually I do not have a GET XLS DATA (and I'm using model version 5.1) however the suggestion was correct anyway.

Thanks so much