help on subscripts

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
malli

help on subscripts

Post by malli »

am trying to make a small simulation involving two players - one of which will be played by the computer.

Essentially, for a variable like sales commission -

Player Sales commission = his decision

Computer sales commission = computer sales commission basis a rule

Now I want to integrate both these commissions into one array titled 'commissions'

This commission will interact with a table function and an effect of commission on morale for both player and computer will be calculated

The problem I am having is that while the player's decision is an input, that of the computer would be calculated

I am hence not able to just create one subscript for both. Hope I have been able to explain this clearly.

How do I get around this?
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

It is quite easy.

Edit your equation for the constant, make sure it is subcripted. The "Add Eqn" button should be active. Click it. Now you can define one equation to be a constant, the other to have an equation.

INPUT CONSTANT[PLAYER] = 10

INPUT CONSTANT[COMPUTER] = some calculation

Tony.

[Edited on 22-12-2006 by Administrator]
malli

Post by malli »

Many thanks Tony. I went through your solution and still could not resolve it. Do not think I explained my problem properly

Am attaching a model which represents my problem

In the model, there are two players - human and computer. Both of them are going to advertise in order to increase awareness

Now the computer will adjust itself to the player's ad-spend with a delay - and add a mark up to it.

Both the computer's and the human's ad spends need to go into an array - the variable called 'Both ad spends in array'.

Then, given the quantum of ad-spend each of them do, an 'effect of advertising on awareness' for both will be computed

This effect will interact with the reference awareness, and the awareness for both human and computer will be calculated

I created 1 subscript titled - player. This has two entities - human and computer. Then, I created a sub-range called ad-spends.

But I am still having problems with the variable 'both ad spends in array'

See attached model

Malli
Attachments
test_subscript.mdl
(4.13 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

I've attached a simplified version of the model. Does the subscripting here make sense?

Tony.
Attachments
test_subscript.mdl
(4.02 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
malli

Post by malli »

Many Thanks! That works

Malli