Gantt charts in 5.6b

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
johnm

Gantt charts in 5.6b

Post by johnm »

Hi there,

Just downloaded 5.6b, and loaded up my model. Modified the toolset to include my usual tools, including the Gantt chart, which I use quite a bit, for seeing when things are there or not.

Anyhow, I thought it was behaving oddly. Worked fine on some variables, not so on others - seemed to be a blank graph. A bit more fiddling and we find the reason, which is that it seems to sometimes show very thin bars, when there are lots (i.e 5) datasets, well 5 datasets and 6 subscripts. These don't show up on my monitor (1600 x 1200) unless I make the window almost the same size as the screen.

Is this a deliberate feature? If so, could I make a plea for a return to the old way of doing things at the next release, since they don't really need to be this thin, and for a while I thought something really odd was going on.

John
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

Hi John,

Thanks for the note. I have seen this problem with Bar Graphs - but was not aware that it was showing up in Gantt charts as well. I will take a look at it. I am also surprised that things used to work in an older version - I though the problem was always there.