Problem with scripting

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
aki2007

Problem with scripting

Post by aki2007 »

Hi guys,

I have set up a batch process run from Excel to run a series of forecasts, each of which requires a previous optimization of a few parameters.

I got it to work as intended, but I have a really weird problem: I once tried switching on the Kalman filter (for the optimization), and ever since then the script has gone totally haywire.

No matter how many times I switch the filter off in the model, no matter that there are no longer any commands left in the script that refer to the filter (I commented them all out)... after I run the script and open the model, the filter is switched on again!

Furthermore, the script always complains that the "BASED ON" dataset is not available - but there is no such command in the script, anywhere (no "BASED ON" commands at all). And yes, when I check and open the model, there it is: that run name is loaded into the "based on" box! But I did not put it there, nor is there anything in the script that told Vensim to do this!

And to make matters even more surreal, when I open the model after running the script, the changes file "Opt.out" is loaded, even though there is absolutely no reference to any run named "opt.vdf" in the script - not even close.

Do you have any idea why all this might be happening, and how I could fix it? As I said, the script was working fine until I tried using the Kalman filter.

BTW, I am running Vensim 5.4a, if it is a software glitch would it be fixed in v5.6?

Thanks,

Alex