sable demo problems

Use this forum to post Sable related questions.

Moderator: Administrator

afsinbulbul

sable demo problems

Post by afsinbulbul »

I downloaded sable demo version to evaluate the software. It looks nice but it is so unstable. It is giving applciation errors so often. Is it a general case or is it only seen in demo version or is it an internal software conflict in my PC?
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Do you have a managed PC? It could be that the files that need to be written to the windows system directory might not have been installed (this would cause problems).

I have uploaded a replacement installation that avoids this. Can ou try downloading again? The direct link is

http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/Files/S ... oSetup.exe

Tony.
afsinbulbul

Post by afsinbulbul »

I downloaded it. Now some of the problems seemed to be solved (for example sable is not closing when I try to change the properties of a combo box) but the software is still unstable and closing itself pretty often. Also now I can not set the edit box to display in integer format. No matter which setting I choose it is getting to float again.
afsinbulbul

Post by afsinbulbul »

this integer-float problem only happens when I choose "show spin control" option.
Also again with this option when you try to change the variable using the spin control it starts from 0 (even the initial value is something else).
afsinbulbul

Post by afsinbulbul »

Another thing: With this version (.117) every time I try to close sable it is giving error and windows is shutting down sable.
Helpp.. :)
afsinbulbul

Post by afsinbulbul »

Sorry for consecutive questions but another thing I just noticed is now I can not open my file using the run time version. Run time version is .90 version and the developer demo version is .117. Is there a conflict between them?
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

>> Sorry for consecutive questions but another thing I just noticed is now I can
>> not open my file using the run time version. Run time version is .90 version
>> and the developer demo version is .117. Is there a conflict between them?
.117 is updated so the file formats are different.

>> Another thing: With this version (.117) every time I try to close sable it is giving
>> error and windows is shutting down sable.
Can you send me the project you are using? It could be caused by a corrupt file.

>> this integer-float problem only happens when I choose "show spin control" option.
>> Also again with this option when you try to change the variable using the spin
>> control it starts from 0 (even the initial value is something else).
This is a bug and will be fixed in the next maintenance release.

>> but the software is still unstable and closing itself pretty often. Also now I can
It sounds like the installation has gone wrong somehow. Can you zip the contents of your sable directory and email them to me?

Tony.
afsinbulbul

Post by afsinbulbul »

>.117 is updated so the file formats are different.

Well, then is there a run time version that I can use the open the .117 version project?

>Can you send me the project you are using? It could be caused by a corrupt file.

If I could do then my life would much easier I know; but unfortunately there is condifidential information in the model.Is there a specific file extension might cause this problem?Maybe I can check myself.

>Can you zip the contents of your sable directory and email them to me?

I attached it to this post. it is kinda big (>5mb). let's see if it'll go through.

A quick question: is there a way to navigate to a screen or mini screen based on the selection in a combo box?

Thanks again.
afsinbulbul

Post by afsinbulbul »

I think first one missed attention, so here it is again:

>.117 is updated so the file formats are different.

Well, then is there a run time version that I can use the open the .117 version project?

>Can you send me the project you are using? It could be caused by a corrupt file.

If I could do then my life would much easier I know; but unfortunately there is condifidential information in the model.Is there a specific file extension might cause this problem?Maybe I can check myself.

>Can you zip the contents of your sable directory and email them to me?

It is biger than 5mb so I could no attach to this post.

A quick question: is there a way to navigate to a screen or mini screen based on the selection in a combo box?

Thanks again.
yeced

como puedo bajar SableDeveloperUpgradeSetup

Post by yeced »

Por favor como puedo bajar SableDeveloperUpgradeSetup.exe de la pagina no bajarlo por favor si alguien me puede ayudar
gracias