Input sliders

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
lamalcz

Input sliders

Post by lamalcz »

I have a model with several input silders set with 0,1,0.01 (min, max, increment). I save the model in binary format and send it to another Vensim user.

All the sliders change to 0 to 100 on the screen and permit one to slide to 100 but the slider definition still has 0,1,0.01.

Any suggestions?
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

The constant that the input slider is attached to, what is it's initial value? I find I can replicate the behaviour if the initial value is outside the range of the slider. When I change the value of the constant to something within the slider range, it works exactly as you need.

Can you check and let me know please?

Tony.
lamalcz

Post by lamalcz »

There are 12 constants that have this problem. They all have values between 0 and 1 but most are carried out to 5 decimals, e.g. 0.0141431

The input slider is set 0 to 1 as above.

This is part of what I call a proportional slider construct. Given a set uf fractional values that add to 1, you can slide any of them individually and all the others increase or decrease in weighted proporation to their original values. I will send some code after I meet a deadline this week.

Strangely this all works well on my laptop but not when I give the file to someone else.

Thanks.
lamalcz

Post by lamalcz »

I am running 5.6b, one of the machines with problems is running 5.6d, the other is 5.5a
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Are you able to email me anything (tony@ventanasystems.co.uk)?

Tony.