2d Subscripting option in Tabletool displays only one elemen

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
tfhavel

2d Subscripting option in Tabletool displays only one elemen

Post by tfhavel »

I am trying to display as a table the elements of a 2-D array, by clicking the "2d Subscripting" button on the Tabletool control panel as described on page 306 of the VENSIM reference manual, but only the upper-right-hand (or (1,1) if this were fortran) element is displayed. Does anyone know how to make this work? Thanks, Tim
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Silly question, but have you selected the subscript elements you want to display?
tfhavel

Re: 2d Subscripting option in Tabletool displays only one el

Post by tfhavel »

Here's an even sillier question: In what window should I select them? There's nothing to select in the Tabletool control panel, and ordinarily one uses it by selecting a variable in the sketch window, where only the name of the variable is shown but not its subscripts, and then clicking the table icon on the left of the sketch view. Please clarify.
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

On the Vensim toolbar, top right, there is a [sub] button. Click that and select the elements you want displayed on the graph.

Tony.
tfhavel

Post by tfhavel »

yes, that works now; thanks! (whoever you may be)
nikvyas

Post by nikvyas »

Afternoon all

I have another question wrt elements of a subscript. Is there a maximum to the number of elements I can have in a single subscript? For instance, could I have:

test : (t1-t10000) ?

Thanks

Nik
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

there is no maximum, but 100 thousand is a lot and if you have even a modest number of variables you will very quickly have models with many millions of computations and huge memory requirements.