Different runs, model saved under new folder

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
Ralf
Vensim version: PLE

Different runs, model saved under new folder

Post by Ralf »

Hello,

working with a Vensim version under MacOS Classic I sometimes get strange behavior.

So this time (a couple of times in the past actually) I have run different sensitivity runs and saved them via the Save-Symbol besides the RED STOP sign while doing the Synthesim.

After that I saved the model on a new folder (to be not confused later on) and got the following in the data sets:

A flaw just in the "old" Mac-Version or a general topic?

Thanks for advice on how to handle that strange behavior.

Best regards

Ralf
Attachments
MEDIA_081028_Datasets.png
MEDIA_081028_Datasets.png (7.93 KiB) Viewed 2173 times
Ralf Lippold
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

Hi Ralf,

When you save a model to a new directory whatever runs you had are in the original directory and when this happens the full path is displayed for the loaded runs. Normally I simply unload those runs and start fresh in the new directory or move the runs across using the file manage.

The odd names are just the way Vensim stores patch on Mac classic.
Ralf
Vensim version: PLE

Post by Ralf »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the quick feedback:-)

I guess coping with all this small unexpected specialities makes working with Vensim even more fun. I really like it and had to "defend" it in a group discussion on SD software packages. Of course it is getting more complicated as you dig deeper and yet getting started is really easy and full of new insights about the behavior of your models.

Time to change to Mac-Intel soon;-)

Best regards

Ralf
Ralf Lippold