Button to launch command scripts?

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
Travis

Button to launch command scripts?

Post by Travis »

I'm interested in adding some super-macros to my model. That is, I would like to create a button (likely a Comment) that changes some parameters, runs the model, repeats, and then loads each new vdf file.

Put another way, I'm interested in generating two additional runs as a very limited sensitivity test. I would like the Run toolbar button to be the median run and then this script to generate "Hi" and "Low" runs.

I just discovered command scripts. Before I start down this path, I was wondering if this is the easiest way.

1. Are command scripts the correct path for implementing?
2. Can I use a comment or other button to launch one to operate on the open model?
3. Will this work in SyntheSim?
4. Pitfalls that I should be worried about?

TIA,
Travis
bob@vensim.com

Post by bob@vensim.com »

You can use command scripts to do what you want but the path may be somewhat nonlinear. Command scripts do not work in SyntheSim - or during simulation setup. So what you would need to do is

Set up and create a simulation.

Set up a command script to read the settings for that simulation (SIMULATE>READRUNCHG) change additional things with SIMULATE>SETVAL, then simulate the run.

An alternative approach to this is to add another subscript for sensitivity to all variables

sensitivity : base,low,high

then you can look at the three together in one run - and this will work in SyntheSim.
Travis

Post by Travis »

Both paths are very helpful. Thank you, Bob.