Linking Graphs to Sliders

Use this forum to post Sable related questions.

Moderator: Administrator

curtin19

Linking Graphs to Sliders

Post by curtin19 »

This may be a basic question but can I ask how I can link sliders to graphss so that the variables change and 'animate' while the slider is dragged back and forth?

Thankyou
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Do you mean running in Synthesim mode?
curtin19

Post by curtin19 »

Yep. The problem I'm having is that when I do simulate the system it the sliders don't react with the graph.

What I have is a graph in sable (not using the Vensim Tool) and a slider that I want t make dynamic to the graph so it changes when you move the slider.

I have the same graph and a slider set up and working in vensim.

However, when i move to sable I can import the graph information but the slider tool it doesn't 'react' with the graph despite I placed in the correct parameters. (Unless I did this wrong)

I'm very new to this program and the tutorial book is a bit brief on how to execute certain things. Can I please ask what is required to make both elements dynamic? Maybe a step by step instruction?

Thanks for your help.

[Edited on 11-26-2009 by curtin19]
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

On the slider's property page, is "Update other controls" checked?

This is turned off by default. Clicking it sends an update message to all other controls (including graphs) on the screen.
curtin19

Post by curtin19 »

Ive checked the box for both graph and slider and it doesnt seem to have much change.
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Can you upload the project so I can see what you are doing?
curtin19

Post by curtin19 »

That would be great help however, my employer is not comfortable with some of his work and research online, sorry about that but thankyou for it offer.

Is there any way I can access simple tutes and exampels where it would break down how I can link up vensim and sable resources? The sable lite and vensim does not provide adequete information in how to do simple commands and run through like this.

Thankyou.