Advanced Settings Not Saving

Use this forum to post Sable related questions.

Moderator: Administrator

tomauro

Advanced Settings Not Saving

Post by tomauro »

In Developer, I'm trying to change line colors, chart-types, etc. in the Advanced 1 tab under Settings...but nothing seems to save. When I go back to the app, all the same "default" line colors and chart types are still there. How can I get all those great options to "stick"??
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Can you email the file you are dealing with to me (tony@ventanasystems.co.uk)?
tomauro

Post by tomauro »

Tony,

Hi! Actually, the same thing happens with the Yakunda example app you provide. If you go into either Game Keeper or Synthesim mode and try to change the colors of the lines on either chart...you can't do it (or at least I can't). If you can tell me how to do it in that model, I should be able to do it in my model.

I'd have to take a lot of stuff out of my model before I could send it to you..not sure it would even still work then.

Thanks,
Lou
tomauro

Post by tomauro »

Tony,

If you can find an answer for me before Monday, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm trying to develop an interface to demonstrate Sable's capabilities to a customer.

Thanks,
Lou
Lee Jones

Post by Lee Jones »

Hi Lou,

I think I know what's going on. We use TChart as the graphics application and there are only certain things we can *save* using the dialogs under "settings". This is why your efforts have failed, unfortunately. In order to change the line colours, you need to go to the tab "colours" and de-select "default" then change the colours there, these will stick, I promise!

As to graph type, under the tab "Parameters" use the drop-down box "Graph Type", again, this should work although some types of graph lend themselves better to certain types of output.

Any problems let us know.

Cheers

Lee
tomauro

Post by tomauro »

Lee,

Thanks...that worked!!

Lou