How to deal with the warnings in Vensim

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
Dan
Vensim version: PLE

How to deal with the warnings in Vensim

Post by Dan »

Assignment2.mdl
My model
(14.59 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
Dear vensim:
I am a newer of using the vensim , so i do not know how to solve problems of the model.
Please help me to find the solution of the warnings as i showed below in my model

WARNING: Lookup out of bounds at 0 Below -Graph Input Test Productivity -computing- Test Productivity Input-

WARNING: ACTIVE INITIAL differences found, Use Options >Setting to control reporting.

WARNING: -Milestone 2- Initial= 30690 Active= 24795.3 has changed in value

WARNING: -Requirement Part- Initial=2.28871 Active= 1.84911 has changed in value

WARNING: -Requirement Per In Effort- Initial=0.047654 Active= 0.0353787 has changed in value

WARNING: Lookup out of bounds at 1 In -Graph Input Test Productivity -computing- Test Productivity Input-

WARNING: Lookup out of bounds at 10 Above -Graph Input Test Productivity -computing- Test Productivity Input-

I have attached my model here.

Thank you.
tomfid
Administrator

Re: How to deal with the warnings in Vensim

Post by tomfid »

These aren't necessarily problems - they just indicate things you might want to take a look at.

You can use Options>Settings to suppress warnings when you don't want to see them, but generally it's good to leave them on.

The Lookup warning just indicates that the input to your lookup is outside the x-axis range of your lookup table.

It's hard to interpret the ACTIVE INITIAL warnings without seeing the equations in question.

The table tool is generally a good way to look at the numerical details.
Dan
Vensim version: PLE

Post by Dan »

tomfid wrote:These aren't necessarily problems - they just indicate things you might want to take a look at.

You can use Options>Settings to suppress warnings when you don't want to see them, but generally it's good to leave them on.

The Lookup warning just indicates that the input to your lookup is outside the x-axis range of your lookup table.

It's hard to interpret the ACTIVE INITIAL warnings without seeing the equations in question.

The table tool is generally a good way to look at the numerical details.
Thanks for your help!
JudeChen
Vensim version: DSS

Post by JudeChen »

Hi, I was wondering if the suppression option is available for VensimDSS in Mac?
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

Yes - it's on the Tools>Options>Settings menu/dialog.
JudeChen
Vensim version: DSS

Post by JudeChen »

I see. Thanks!

Found it in the VensimDSS > Options > Settings tab. The Tools tab only showed Analysis Toolset, Sketch Toolset, Language, Convert Charset