Tasks perceived completed and inexperienced personnel

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
liizz
Vensim version: PLE

Tasks perceived completed and inexperienced personnel

Post by liizz »

Hi all,

Quest1: I have used a variable quality index whereby I want to determine the level of quality according to some defined parameters. I have used constant values that I have obtained from SPSS correlations. But I want the quality level to fluctuate since I will test my model against scenarios. I have read about sensitivity simulations whereby papers use the term 'Sensitivity Effect of Team Experience etc'. Sensitivity is not available in PLE.

Quest2: The team performance is influenced by the productivity. When the team has more ‘initial inexperienced personnel’, the ‘Effect of experience on productivity ’ keeps on increasing and also ‘Tasks perceived completed’ is also increasing. My comments: I change the Assimilation Delay which was 2/3 month and I use 2. But the Quality index has moved to more than 1, it should stay within the range 0 to 1. Also, the effect of experienced on productivity keeps on increasing making no distinction between of the experienced and inexperienced persons.

The second part was working well when it was not integrated along.

Thanks to help
Liizz
Attachments
Project Modelwithupgrades_modified_1508 v1.mdl
(24.55 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Administrator
Super Administrator

Re: Tasks perceived completed and inexperienced personnel

Post by Administrator »

liizz wrote:Quest1: I have used a variable quality index whereby I want to determine the level of quality according to some defined parameters. I have used constant values that I have obtained from SPSS correlations. But I want the quality level to fluctuate since I will test my model against scenarios. I have read about sensitivity simulations whereby papers use the term 'Sensitivity Effect of Team Experience etc'. Sensitivity is not available in PLE.
I cannot see a variable called "quality index" in the model.
liizz wrote:Quest2: The team performance is influenced by the productivity. When the team has more ‘initial inexperienced personnel’, the ‘Effect of experience on productivity ’ keeps on increasing and also ‘Tasks perceived completed’ is also increasing. My comments: I change the Assimilation Delay which was 2/3 month and I use 2. But the Quality index has moved to more than 1, it should stay within the range 0 to 1. Also, the effect of experienced on productivity keeps on increasing making no distinction between of the experienced and inexperienced persons.
You will need to look a the tabular output here and try and figure out why the results are not what you expect. If the variable should stay within the bounds 0-1, you will need to build in model structure to do this (you could use MIN/MAX functions to do this).
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559
liizz

Post by liizz »

Sorry quality index is represented as QI in the model.

I got confused with what you said model structure.
You will need to look a the tabular output here and try and figure out why the results are not what you expect. If the variable should stay within the bounds 0-1, you will need to build in model structure to do this (you could use MIN/MAX functions to do this).
liizz

Post by liizz »

For the quality index, I have used an IF THEN ELSE statement.

Thanks
Liizz
tomfid
Administrator

Post by tomfid »

"Structure" in this context means that if QI must be 0 to 1, the equations that are inputs to QI, and the form in which they are combined, must always produce a result that is 0 to 1.

Example 1 (bad):

QI = a*schedule_pressure + b*overtime

There's no guarantee in general that this will yield a (0,1) bounded result, which is why linear regression results are seldom directly usable in a robust model.

Example 2 (good):

QI = f(schedule pressure) * g(overtime)

As long as f() and g() are functions (possibly lookups) that are defined within (0,1) the result is guaranteed to be (0,1).