Vensim reader does not display views as the Vensim DSS does

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
LAUJJL
Vensim version: DSS

Vensim reader does not display views as the Vensim DSS does

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

Joined a simplistic model in .mdl and .vpmx format

The model uses two I/O objects available with the new GUI: the text and the button directing to the second view.

It works correctly withe Vensim DSS using the .mdl format showin the text and the button but when using the Vensim reader with the .vpmx format, the first view does not display the text nor the button! The .vpmx format has been compreesed to zip, becasue Vensimdoes not allow .vpmx format to be uploaded?

I do not understand why?

Regards.

JJ
Attachments
essai_vensim_reader.zip
(4.34 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
essai_vensim_reader.mdl
(1.41 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
LAUJJL

Re: Vensim reader does not display views as the Vensim DSS does

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

If one opens the .mdl file with the Vensim PLE, the first view appears with the text and the button, but if one cliks on the button, nothing happens.

JJ
LAUJJL

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

is it possible to have an answer to my preceding question. Why is it not possible to see the I/O objects with the new gui, if one uses the Vensim reader?

JJ
LAUJJL

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

i have downloaded the latest version of Vensim DSS and Vensim reader (10.1.2). It still does not work.

Regards.

JJ
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

We are working on this. The new GUI objects should be considered beta at the moment (which is why they are behind a shift click).

They will not work in PLE. But we intend to make them work in the model reader.
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559
LAUJJL

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

Thank you for the answer.

It is difficult to invest on a product that does not exist yet, even if it is half finished.

I have looked at the 'old' Venapps. It seems to work properly with the Vensim reader and be published on the web (I have not tried it yet, but I hope it is); I will work with the old Venapps and eventually switch to the new GUI, when it will be fully functional.

Regards.

JJ
Administrator
Super Administrator

Post by Administrator »

LAUJJL wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:27 pmIt is difficult to invest on a product that does not exist yet, even if it is half finished.
I understand. We are close though, just need a little more time (and more users actively using them). I'll prioritize getting these working in the model reader.
LAUJJL wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:27 pmI have looked at the 'old' Venapps. It seems to work properly with the Vensim reader and be published on the web (I have not tried it yet, but I hope it is); I will work with the old Venapps and eventually switch to the new GUI, when it will be fully functional.
Old Venapps will not run on the web. Venapps have never really been used by many people as they are so difficult to work with.

Our aim is to make all the new GUI controls work on the web. We just need time (and user feedback).
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559
LAUJJL

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

But how much time will it take until the new GUI is fully functional? (readable with Vensim reader and publishable on the web)

Finally if one wants to use the Vensim reader, it is possible but it will not recognize the new input output controls. And I suppose that it is the same if one wants to publish a model on the web. One has finally three choices: work with the SDeverywhere, Forio or with the new GUI and hope that it becomes useful by others or on the web in a short time (weeks, months, years?).

Regards.

JJ
LAUJJL

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

i will try the new GUI. When there is a beta version that works with the Vensim reader, I am interested to test it.

Regards.

JJ