publishing a model independently from its directory

Use this forum to post Vensim related questions.
LAUJJL
Vensim version: DSS

publishing a model independently from its directory

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

When one publishes a model, the software gives a name to the model but associates too the repertory of the model published. if someone download the published model and wants to read it with the Vensim reader, he will be able to do it, only if the model is in the same directory than the model when it was published. It is then necessary for anybody wanting to read the model to create a directory that has the same name and position on the disk and copy the published model to that directory. Is it possible to make a published model readable wherever its position on the disk?

Regards.

JJ
Administrator
Super Administrator

Re: publishing a model independently from its directory

Post by Administrator »

It should be independent of the folder. But it's impossible to help further without a published model to look at. If you have hard coded the path to a spreadsheet in the model, then that would cause this problem.
Advice to posters seeking help (it really helps us to help you)
http://www.ventanasystems.co.uk/forum/v ... f=2&t=4391

Units are important!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27509559
LAUJJL

Post by LAUJJL »

Hi

Thank you for the reply;

The .mdl and .vpmx model are in the c:\nouveau rent\Simple_135 repertory. i can open the .vpmx model with my computer but if someone tries to open the .vpmx sent via e-mail, and with a vensim reader Vensim says that he cannot find the c:\nouveau rent\Simple_135 repertory; but if he creates the repertory and copies the .vpmx in the repertory created, he can open it.

Joined the .mdl and .vpmx file zipped

Regards;

JJ
Attachments
modèle1_2_simplifié.zip
(11.93 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
LAUJJL

Post by LAUJJL »

I have tried again and now it works. I think i did not use correctly the Winrar tool when zipping the files.

Regards.

JJ