.cin files can not be loaded

Use this forum to post Sable related questions.

Moderator: Administrator

mashayekhi

.cin files can not be loaded

Post by mashayekhi »

As I am putting together a sable application for redistribution, I encrypted only .vmf files in my MODEL folder. With correct company name sableRT can load .vmf models. However, it fails to load .cin files that I need to simulate specific set up of my model in the application.

On page 6 of the Sable Application Developer Handbook, it is said that "YOU MUST REMEMBER TO ENCRYPT THE MODEL AND ANY ASSOCIATED FILES". What are the extensions of teh associated files? Are .cin files part of the associated files? If they are, when I tried to include them in my .cmd files to be encrypted, vensim could not load them for encryption.

[Edited on 16-3-2004 by mashayekhi]
Wilson
Administrator

Post by Wilson »

The files that would need to be encrypted normally are any *.vdf files that are used for extrnal data sources and VGD files encrypted to VGF files. Also venapp VCD files

I'm sure CIN do not need to be encrypted. How are you loading the CIN in your application, by a button hardwired by path and cin name or selection through a dialog box ? Does the cin file load ok through an unencypted version of the model still ?