Release Version 6.1 includes …
- Default settings in vensim.ini have been improved.
- There is a new option to treat double-precision numbers in change files as single precision (floats), for consistency with single precision simulations and native model variables.
- There are new keyboard shortcuts for sketch tools.
- The File>Edit dialog type menu is better ordered.
- Optimization payoffs may now be retrieved by the DLL
- The .dll functions vensim_synthesim_vals and the corresponding VensimCSynthesimVals have been revised to eliminate a bug that prevented them from functioning. This changes the calling interface. Calling vensim_get_data with a null or empty filename to retrieve SyntheSim results now works.
- An error in setting Placeholder values for Partial Simulation has been fixed.
- mdl.bat has been improved for easier compiled simulation, especially on 64-bit Windows systems.
- vensim.h has been modified to permit use of string variables in compiled simulations.
- Bar graph display for zero and negative bars improved.
- ODBC works in double precision.
- A rare error in ALLOCATE AVAILABLE has been fixed.
- Paths in DLL examples have been updated.
- A crash when exporting datasets with subscripts in own columns has been fixed.
- Table backgrounds colors were not being being applied, this has been fixed.
- Export to Excel when using single precision Vensim has been improved.
- A crash when writing to the error log has been fixed.
In addition, there are various corrections and improvements to documentation.
If you have a maintenance contract, you can download the latest version here.